Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sonicsgate Director

Re: A Show of Force!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:52 PM
From: "Jason Reid"
To: "Commando Dave"
Cc: "Brian Robinson" , "Russell Pompea" , "Joshua Bell" , "Camp Jones" , "Sonicsgate Movie"

Hi Commando Dave...

Not sure if you saw my post on Sonics Central, but I threw a few ideas out. I've pasted it in below. Don't have much time to contribute more to the conversation due to my extremely full plate right now, but keep fighting the good fight...

This is a rare post for me…although I read the forum constantly. I felt inclined to write tonight because I think we have some great opportunities to have our voice heard and put the pressure on our local politicians, particularly the City of Seattle, to get something done in regards to renovating KeyArena and fixing the Seattle Center.

I think everyone should come join myself & some of the Sonicsgate team at Sally Bagshaw’s event, a week from tomorrow (Tuesday March 30th 6:30pm) at the luxurious Center House at the Seattle Center.

I met Sally and talked with her last week (and gave her a copy of Sonicsgate) and she invited me to come to the meeting…

So I, in turn, am inviting all of you:

http://seattle.gov/council/bagshaw/

This is a chance to make our voices heard to the City Council about the future of the Seattle Center. People will be expecting to talk about Chihuly, but instead let’s give them a strong showing of Sonics green & gold!

Remember what we did at the Gregoire Rally?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-JFiD5_D1I

After talking with Sally Bagshaw, she seemed genuinely engaged and I believe that she will listen to our cause. She’s a big fan of green public space and from how I gauged it…NHL (along with NBA of course). She’s also not to hot on the glass museum…If we can brainstorm some ideas with her that about how to accomplish those goals, I think it would be a very good thing for our cause. She might be the perfect person to work with us to push the issue onto the City Councils plate.

If we let her know why having a renovated KeyArena (and anchor tenants such as NBA and NHL teams) is the best thing for the Seattle Center and how powerful of a voice Sonics fans have, I think she will respond favorably.

Also, I talked to Dow Constantine, Rob McKenna, Sam Reed, and Norm Rice the same night and gave them all copies of the movie. Dow told me he’s been trying to get the authority from the state all session, so it looks like he’s doing what he said. He hadn’t seen Sonicsgate yet, but he told me he was going to watch it.

BTW, I was talking to him while watching the Husky game…Perfect platform to talk about what we’re missing by not having the Sonics here…Serendipity!

Last, we’re trying to raise some money to go to screen Sonicsgate in NYC. We’re going to try to get as much media attention on the film and the issue as possible while we’re out there. Hardly anyone on the East Coast even know the Sonics no longer exist, let alone that they became the Oklahoma City Thunder! We want to let them know!

I’ve been in contact with Kenny Mayne and some other higher-ups at ESPN and we really feel that being there when the ESPN/Tribeca Sports Film Festival will make a great platform to have our story heard on the national stage. We don’t need much money to pull it off, so anything you can donate will help us greatly (plus you can get cool prizes like shirts and DVDs!).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sonicsgate/send-sonicsgate-to-screen-in-new-york-city

Ice Cube’s new movie about the LA Raiders is playing there, so we’re going to try to get him to come as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/18/movies/18arts-MOVIEBYICECU_BRF.html

With Ice Cube on our side, how could we not get a team back?

So anyway, anything you can do to help us push our agenda through the internet (spreading the word about the film and the fundraising campaign to help with the cost of the NYC screenings) would be a great help for the cause (and probably the best bet for helping to get this story out to the world and actually make a difference).

reidster
(Jason Reid--Director of Sonicsgate)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home