Monday, March 22, 2010

Back to Brian Robinson 3

RE: A Show of Force!
Monday, March 22, 2010 6:18 PM
From: "Commando Dave"
To: "Russell Pompea" , "Sonicsgate Movie" , "Brian Robinson"
Cc: "live4health@gmail.com" , "Jason Reid" , "Camp Jones"


Furthermore:

You should have a massive e-mail list...
Yes, but no volunteers. Like I mentioned, I know how hard it is to rally fans.

I think the facebook group is a wonderful thing. There has to be some way to use it.
We're right on target here. And you REALLY hit the nail on the head with, "As recently as 3-4 years ago when we were fighting this battle it did not have the distribution factor it does today." My thoughts exactly.

They don't give a damn about facebook.
Not until they see the impact of it, right?

At the end of the day people in politics don't really believe that sports fans represent a substantive voting block.
And by using the social networking tools of Facebook, I believe we can build that substantive voting block and prove the impact.

To get true political legitimacy you either need big numbers who are organized or you need business support.
EXACTLY! I believe it can those numbers can be organized on Facebook/Twitter/etc. At least that's what I'm talking about us working on. And that's how we get "business support," by showing them potential customers on Facebook and how they 'tie into their business."

If we got 3,000 people at that rally they don't believe that more than 300 of them really vote.
That's what I kinda figure, which is why I mentioned a "Voters Drive" that included registering the unregistered. We could have a "Registered & Confirmed Sonics Fans Who Are Voters Group" within Russell's Facebook Group, right?

If we could get the restaurants and bars signed up behind an idea of yours it would be a major difference maker.
I formed some good relationships with various Lower Queen Anne businesses when I helped out on I-93. What do you mean by "major difference maker."

How many Sonics MIA shirts have you sold to date?
A couple hundred of the 2008 design. Just came out with the 2010 design, but I couldn't agree more that the eventual number should be "a decent indicator of how many people will actually make some sacrifice or take some effort to support you."

I would caution however that you remain realistic about what you are going to accomplish.
This is the exciting thing about the viral capabilities that did not exist 3-4 years ago. Who knows what's realistic or not? I'm hella excited to find out. Plus, the other thing is, Facebook allows us to "fly under the radar" since they "don't give a damn" about it, right? LOL

There is some limited action in terms of bringing back a team but it is not at the grass roots level.
That's what I meant about not hearing anything from anyone. And just trying to get/stay connected/positive and "Keep Hope Alive" the best way I know how. And re-reading all you wrote has gotten me jacked up!

My ability to commit time and money has virtually disappeared compared to a year ago.
That's the "relay race" aspect I mentioned before. Or in basketball terms, 'taking a breather" which is why I "bounced a ball" out there. SOS are hardcore political guys/power brokers. Sonicsgate are cool-ass movie/video makers. The Facebook Group are viral visionaries. I try different things to rally fans. And like I mentioned, I know how hard it is to rally the rally guys (me included) because we're all volunteers and busy as hell with other stuff.

I think everybody needs to do what they can do. I totally encourage you to work hard at it and building on what the Soncisgate guys are doing. It is a good avenue for all of you guys and the awareness really does help.
That's what I was thinking. As I mentioned, after taking ball breaking from you, it was good to read that paragraph. LOL

On the flip side if we have zero events in a year we may not have an audience left.
That's another thing I was thinking.

If you're not doing this under the SOS banner then it doesn't impact me at all.
You know I've never run anything under the SOS banner and when I thought something might impact you, I've called you first.

I will post links etc. on my website but...
Cool! Thanks!!

Standing by;

Commando Dave
Point Man of the FANS REVOLUTION
@ WeTheFans.com
The Official Sports Fan Union

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home