Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back to Brian Robinson 4

RE: A Show of Force!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:39 PM
From: "Commando Dave"
To: "Brian Robinson"
Cc: "Russell Pompea" , "Sonicsgate Movie" , "live4health@gmail.com" , "Jason Reid" , "Camp Jones"

Thank you Brian.

No, I didn't take your eMail as "overly harsh." If what you broke my balls about is actually true, then I appreciate you callin' me on it. If it's just your perception, I still appreciate the honesty. I'll never get upset with a guy man enough to punch you in the face rather than stab you in the back.

Anyway, the other thing that wasn't available three to four years ago; a second Sports Radio station with Kevin Calabro and John Clayton on it.

Ironically, part my recent "fuel" was a Kevin Calabro Show promo I heard a few weeks ago with KC saying [paraphrase], "Where are the banners? Where are the jerseys? In a closet somewhere? 40 years of Sonics history and no one..."

Sorry for a bad paraphrase, I'll try to get actual clip. But the point is, it got me thinking, the '"Voice of the Sonics" has his own show. And my very next thought was, Steve is pretty much The John Clayton Show SOS Correspondent. Next thought...Two Sports Radio stations???!!! Hmmmmmmm...

KJR, as we know, was the Sonics Station ever since Barry Ackerley owned the team and the station. Howard Schultz for some inexplicable reason (probably some kind of make a clean break bullshit) took the Sonics off KJR and put them on KTTH. KJR felt stiffed and was pretty much in "disconnect mode" by the time Schultz sold the team.

So when you guys kicked in with SOS, the domino effect of NOT being the Sonics Station had already "clouded the issue heavily" for KJR. They were all for saving the Sonics, but not like they would have been as the Home of the Sonics. They were onboard, but didn't wanna do any of the driving.

Well, that was when KJR was the ONLY sports radio station in Seattle; during a different economy. Fast forward...ESPN has a year under it's belt and KJR's moniker for the past year has been, "The Only Live and Local Sports Radio Station In Seattle."

In the context of "getting the ball bouncing," when the time is right, Sonics MIA could wind up as a very interesting and hella competitive game of "one-on-one" between the two stations. And I'm in position to "throw the ball up for the tip."

With competing Sports Radio stations involved, I think it changes the game as much as Facebook and Twitter do. And I don't know how NBA team station, selection actually works, but Sonics MIA could be putting things in motion, that set the stage for which station Steve Ballmer eventually chooses, as the "NEW Home of the Seattle SuperSonics."

KJR, I'm certain, believes it's the grandfathered-in Sonics Staion. The Voice of the Sonics is on ESPN. The other thing I'm certain about, politicians and businesses understand and respect radio, even sports radio with unruly listeners, drinking beer and trashing sports bars while listening. The beauty of it is, we all have an entrenched position with both stations.

I started this discussion with, I'm a BIG MOUTH on Sports Radio. By now, hopefully everyone sees the dots I'm trying to connect and some of the math I'm putting on the board.

Standing by;

Commando Dave
Point Man of the FANS REVOLUTION
@ WeTheFans.com
The Official Sports Fan Union

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home